Public Complaints Procedure
Archives New Zealand is committed to ensuring a high quality of service to all our users. However, there may be occasions when problems do arise and you do not get the standard of service you expect. All complaints are taken seriously and acted upon.
This procedure sets out Archives New Zealand’s processes for resolving complaints. The procedure is intended to ensure all complaints are handled fairly and consistently.
All official complaints will be thoroughly investigated and, if justified, we will put matters right, giving you an explanation and an apology.
- If there is a problem with any of our services please raise your concerns promptly and directly with a staff member. Where possible they will resolve the matter directly or put you in touch with someone who can help
- If you are not satisfied, ask to speak to a member of the Regional and Research Services Management Team, who will investigate your complaint
- Alternatively, you may prefer to put your complaint in writing addressed to the Director, Holdings and Discovery, Archives New Zealand PO Box 12 050, Wellington 6144
- You can also register a complaint by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints received will be acknowledged within five working days of receipt and investigated. You may expect a full response within 15 working days. If it is not possible to respond within that time because of the complexity of the issue, we will let you know when to expect a reply
- If you are not satisfied with the way your complaint has been handled and wish to take it further you may wish to write to the Chief Executive, who can arrange to have the complaint reviewed. Please send your letter to the Chief Executive, Archives New Zealand, PO Box 12 050, Wellington 6144
- While there may be some circumstances beyond our control Archives New Zealand aims to use complaints constructively to improve the service we provide to all our customers
Archives New Zealand welcomes feedback and suggestions regarding our services. Feedback forms can be used to give us your views at any time.