International Review Group for Recordkeeping Standards
What is the International Review Group?
The International Review Group (IRG) is an advisory committee set up by Standards New Zealand. It is New Zealand’s main liaison with TC46 SC11. TC46 SC11 is the International Standards Organisation technical subcommittee on Archives/records management.
What does it do?
The primary purpose of the group is to advise Standards New Zealand on how it should vote on international standards and other documents produced by TC46 SC11. The group also liaises with IT-021, which is the joint Standards Australia/Standards New Zealand Committee on Records Management Systems.
Why do we need it?
The IRG helps to ensure that New Zealand views are considered when international standards on archives/records management are developed. The goals of the group are:
- To ensure that New Zealand votes on international recordkeeping standards in a timely and informed way, and provides substantive expert comment where appropriate.
- To ensure that these votes represent a broad constituency.
- To ensure that the recordkeeping community in NZ is well informed and represented.
- To support New Zealand participation in ISO Working Groups, Work Items, and Projects
- To actively promote New Zealand priorities.
- To coordinate information flow to and from the NZ recordkeeping community.
Who is involved?
The group includes representatives from a range of organizations – both public sector and private sector. The members include:
- Chris Gousmett, Hutt City Council
- Chris Sorensen, Health Information Association of New Zealand
- Cheryl Pointon, Department of Internal Affairs
- David Pryde, Universities New Zealand
- Deborah Johnson, Fonterra
- Denise Williams, Archives New Zealand
- Desiree Brown, Ministry of Social Development
- Gillian Oliver, School of Information Management, Victoria University of Wellington
- Jan Richardson, Auckland Council
- Evelyn Wareham, Archives and Records Association of NZ (ARANZ)
- John Roberts, Archives New Zealand
- Kate Jones, Powerco
- Mike Chapman, Association of Local Government Information Management (ALGIM)
- Patrick Power, Archives New Zealand
- Robin Anderson, New Zealand Law Society
- Stephen Clarke, Inland Revenue Department
- Trish O’Kane, Records and Information Management Professionals Australasia, NZ Branch
- Paula Wise, nominated by Archives New Zealand
- Lesley Officer, New Plymouth District Council
The convenor of the group is Trish O’Kane. The secretary is Paula Wise.
Where can I find out more?